Lots of stems of thoughts today, but no time to actually think any of them through, so I’ll leverage the lazy blogger’s favorite page layout device, the bullet:
- Chris Heisey is a helluva pinch hitter, especially when he’s leading off.
- I love how optimistic salvaging one game in the series with the Yankees makes the broadcasters. These guys have waited so long for a team to be optimistic about.
- Jack McKeon is 80. 80 years old. He can bench, yell, and bench. He’s 80.
- Hell-to-the-yeah, Johnny Cueto.
- Have you done your All-Star voting yet? Just because Pujols broke his arm and may not be able to start anyway is no reason to let him win.
Enjoy the off-day tomorrow, everyone. Fingers and toes crossed for a Cardinals loss and Brewers failure to prepare adequately for Friday.