Incentives to Watch a Little Meaningless Baseball
The Reds are running some special in the month of September. The Red Hot Family will be in attendance for the game against the Cubs on the 30th so that the tot can run the bases with the rest of the Reds heads afterward.
Tuesday, Sept. 25 - Cincinnati Reds vs. Houston Astros, 7:10 p.m.
* Oktoberfest Music at GABP - The authentic German polka band, Heuboden Musikanten, will perform at the Crosley Terrace entrance of the ballpark from 5:10-6:10 p.m. A pregame concert on the field will follow from 6:40-6:50 p.m. The band is in town from Germany for Cincinnati's annual Oktoberfest Zinzinnati.
* Reds Community Fund Wheel Spin - For $10 you can spin the wheel to win Reds memorabilia.
Wednesday, Sept. 26 - Cincinnati Reds vs. Houston Astros, 7:10 p.m.
* Bleacher Discount Special - Fans may purchase bleacher seats for only $5. Subject to availability.
Thursday, Sept. 27 - Cincinnati Reds vs. Houston Astros, 7:10 p.m.
* Senior Citizen Special - Fans 60 and older may purchase non-premium seats at the Super Saver price - a 45% savings! In advance of game day only.
Friday, Sept. 28 - Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs, 7:10 p.m.
* Pepsi College/Teen Night - It's a Friday night party at the ballpark, complete with live music in the Fan Zone as part of the half-price student deal in September. Tickets are available at the GABP ticket windows or online at reds.com/students. Valid for non-premium seats only.
* Happy Hour at Club Red - $3 Bud and Bud Lights from 5:10 p.m. until the end of the first inning.
* Photo Friday - Stop by the RCF booth for your own customized digital photo taken with one of several ballpark backgrounds. The keepsakes are just $5.
Saturday, Sept. 29 - Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs, 7:10 p.m.
* Fifth Annual Mascot Wiffle Ball Game - Pregame event will feature mascots from Tri-state sports teams, universities and businesses including Smokey the Bear, Snappy, Buddy Bat and many more!
* Silent Auction - Bid on autographed memorabilia, game-used equipment and other one-of-a-kind baseball collectibles.
Sunday, Sept. 30 - Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs, 1:15 p.m.
* Fan Appreciation Day - Prizes will be given away to lucky fans throughout the game. Postcard entries accepted.
* Joe Nuxhall Book Signing at the Reds Hall of Fame - Stop by the Reds Hall of Fame from 12-1 p.m. to meet Reds broadcaster Joe Nuxhall and purchase a signed copy of his book, Joe: Rounding Third and Heading for Home. Proceeds from the sale of this book benefit the Joe Nuxhall Character Education Fund and the Reds Hall of Fame.
* Free Copies of Baseball America - The Reds will provide a free copy of the latest edition of Baseball America to the first 5,000 fans in attendance.
* Reds Youth Baseball Parade - Youth baseball and softball groups throughout Reds Country will have the opportunity to walk on the same field as their favorite Reds in a pregame parade.
* Buddy Roger's Music Reds Rocker - Kids, make your rock star dreams come true on the Bud Select Stage! It's your chance to step up and play your favorite songs, and we want to see you there!
* Mystery Ball - For $20, you can select a bag that will contain an autographed ball signed by a Red, former Red, or visiting team player or coach.
Featured Throughout This Homestand
* Half-price Tickets for Students presented by Pepsi - It's your last chance to take advantage of half-price tickets for all students to every remaining Reds home game! Students can show their school IDs, hats, shirts or anything else school-related and receive half-price tickets in selected seating areas. Tickets are available at the GABP ticket windows or online at reds.com/students.
* George Foster Autograph Signings - The Reds Hall of Famer will be here all week signing autographs at the RCF booth both pregame and from the seventh inning until the end of the game.
* Raffles - For $5 you can have a chance at winning the raffle prize on Sept. 26 and 27.
* Reds Rally Games - Pick up your Bingo card at the entrance gates or the RCF booth on Sept. 26 and 30. Then watch the game and cross out spaces based on the action on the field. Get a whole row crossed out and you will receive a prize! Prizes are first come first serve.
* Pete: The Exhibit! at the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum - Make sure to stop by and see the exhibit honoring all-time hits leader Pete Rose on your way in or out of the ballpark!
IIRC – Friday is also a “grab bag” night. They are handing out stuff to the first 10,000 fans including bobbleheads. But I can’t find it on the website… :confused:
See you Sunday!
I would say that the possibility of finishing ahead of the Cardinals and in third place would be a noteworthy accomplishment… especially given the horrible start we had (or more accurately a horrible May-June).
Your favorite, Little Ray Ray, is a Yankee killer today. He’s hitting below the Mendoza line for the Jays, but today, he’s 2 for 4 with a double and two runs scored. So far. I don’t think he’s had two hits or two runs in one game all season.
GARY MAJEWSKI again in the 8th inning???? Is this team INSANE? Meckanin is no better than Narron if he continues to plug this guy in the 8th inning. I am so disgusted I refuse to look at even one more box score for the remainder of this PATHETIC season.
Wear a Red Hot Mama shirt on the 30th so that I can figure out who you are as we are running the bases!!!
Don’t forget Craig Biggio’s last game since he is retiring. I may go then and Saturday since it will be Harang vs. Zambrano. Hopefully this will be an elimination game for the Cubs.
nm7 – Amazingly, I do not own a Red Hot Mama shirt. I could wear my thong, but I’m not sure that would help you identify me.
Jonny’s got an I’d Hit That shirt that he’ll probably be wearing. I’ll likely be in the red-and-blue [url=http://www.red-hot-mama.com/comments.php?id=1313_0_1_0_C]Where’s Waldo[/url] stripes.
xjjeep90 – The place is going to be over-freaking-run with Cubs fans. We’ll have to drink our weight in beer just to keep up with their obnoxiousness.
Just chant “19-0-8” at them and it tends to shut them up.