I wasn’t satisfied that I’d worked through all of my end-of-season Reds issues during the Eighth Inning Show during the game this afternoon, so I kept the Crack Technical Staff up way past his bedtime to review posts from the 2007 season and discuss the team for almost an hour. It was therapeutic.
On the podcast we discuss:
- How the postseason is shaking out, including a former Red’s contribution.
- Who we’ll root for as the playoffs progress, assuming we’re still paying attention by then.
- The differences in performance and expectations for several of the Reds players. Some disappointed, such as David Ross and Bronson Arroyo; others surprised, such as Brandon Phillips and Adam Dunn.
- The management of the team over the course of the season. No podcast would be complete without a little bitching about the management.
- How bleak and un-fun the content on Red Hot Mama was all season long, and whether the team will be more enjoyable to follow next season.
And, so much more. Plus, I throw in several instances of the word “shit” and its derivatives, so this episode will get the “Explicit” rating.
Episode 78: Season Wrap-Up (39.8MB, 57:58)