It's not our hopes for 2007. Of course not: those will be aloft for at least another couple months. In fact, the crashing sound for which I cut the podcast short to investigate was nothing in particular, just the foot of a pre-schooler hitting the door as he called down the stairs to ask when I'd be up to check on him. You get those, this time of year.
This week on the podcast the Crack Technical Staff and I discuss:
- Rumors regarding the Reds. The team's interest in Luis Gonzalez, other teams' interest in David Weathers and Eddie Guardado, and the Astros' lack of interest in Dunn.
- Bob Castellini's commitment to winning and the $25 million that backs him up.
- Bronson Arroyo's trip to Japan.
- Brook Jacoby, the Reds' new hitting coach.
- The NL Gold Glove Awards
- Wacky baseball news, including the Top Japanese Prospect Turns Down Yankees – New York Too Scary, Clemens: A no-decision for 2007, and Sosa eyes return to big leagues, 600 home runs
Episode 30: What was that crashing sound? (14.1 MB, 20:37)