There’s no flyover scheduled for opening night this year like there was last year, but the celebration of the first night game of the season continues to be something the Cincinnati Reds are trying to turn into something special.
We all went last year and had a great time. This year, it’s even on a Saturday, so no one has any excuses not to attend. It’ll be cold, you say? Well, the Reds are even providing a fleece blanket to deal with that. So quit complaining and get your ass down to the ballpark to be entertained by the undefeated, division-defending Cincinnati Reds.
The game starts at 7:10pm EDT, but the gates open at 5:10pm EDT. Here’s the full list of events.
- Players in the Fan Zone: Pregame meet and greet with current Reds players, Cirque du Soleil “OVO” performers, Reds House DJ “DJ Sab” and more in the Fan Zone from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- First Pitch: Pro Football Hall of Famer Anthony Muñoz will throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
- Fleece Blanket: The first 20,000 fans will receive a Reds Fleece Blanket, presented by Chiquita.
- Gold Gloves: 2010 NL Rawlings Gold Glove winners Bronson Arroyo, Brandon Phillips and Scott Rolen will be recognized during pregame ceremonies.
- Rusty Griswolds: 80?s cover band The Rusty Griswolds will perform from a stage on the right field porch during inning breaks and after the game.
- Game Ball Delivery: The Budweiser Clydesdales will deliver the official game ball.
- Skydiving Team: Team Fastrax Skydiving Team will perform during pregame ceremonies.
- Fireworks: The Rusty Griswolds will play live during the post-game fireworks show featuring Rozzi’s Famous Fireworks.
Also, if you’re interested in getting up close and personal with those Budweiser Clydesdales, their stables will be open to the public from 2-5pm EDT.
I hope to see a full house tonight.