March 29, 2013
Reds Opening Day and Night Schedule
Here’s a list of everything the Reds have planned for both Opening Day and Opening Night.
Opening Day: Monday, April 1 – Reds vs. Angels, 4:10 pm (Gates open at 1:10 pm)
- Opening Day Block Party: The second annual Reds Community Fund Charity Block Party kicks off at 11 am on Joe Nuxhall Way and Freedom Way. Food and beverages will be available for purchase from Budweiser, Coca-Cola, LaRosa’s, Queen City Sausage, UDF and Kahn’s. Admission is free. Music provided by WEBN. All proceeds benefit the Reds Community Fund’s P&G MLB Urban Youth Academy.
- 94th Findlay Market Opening Day Parade Grand Marshal: Reds Hall of Famer George Foster will serve as the Grand Marshal of the Findlay Market parade, which begins at Noon.
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Joe Torre, manager of Team USA in the 2013 World Baseball Classic, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
- National Anthem: Cincinnati firefighter John Winfrey will sing the National Anthem.
- Honorary Captain: Bob Kevoian from the nationally syndicated Bob & Tom Show radio program will serve as the Honorary Captain of the Game.
- Game Ball Delivery: Fire Chief Richard A. Braun of the Cincinnati Fire Department will deliver the official Game Ball to the mound during pregame ceremonies.
- Flyover: Two T-28 Trojans and one B-25 Mitchell from the Tri-State Warbird Museum in Batavia will perform a pregame flyover.
- Wounded Hero Recognition: Senators Rob Portman (R-OH) and Sherrod Brown (D-OH) will participate in a pregame ceremony to honor wounded heroes.
- Moment of Remembrance: To honor the victims of the tragic Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, CT, the Reds (and all MLB teams) are wearing a symbolic ribbon patch and will observe a pregame moment of remembrance.
- American Flag: Members of the Cincinnati Fire Department will hold the giant American flag during the National Anthem. The Cincinnati Fire Department is celebrating its 160th year in 2013. The Cincinnati Fire Department was organized in 1853 and is the nation’s oldest fully paid professional fire department.
- God Bless America: Local quartet The Mistics will sing God Bless America during the seventh-inning stretch.
- Rally Towels: “This is Reds Country” rally towels will be distributed at the gates (while supplies last), courtesy of Cincinnati Bell, Horseshoe Casino, Kroger, Homemade Brand Ice Cream/UDF and P&G.
- Reds in the Fan Zone: Reds players and coaches to appear in the Kroger Fan Zone to walk the red carpet starting at 5:30 pm.
- National Anthem: Arin Ray, top 10 finalist on the X Factor and School for Creative & Performing Arts senior, will sing the National Anthem.
- 2013 Reds Calendar: The first 20,000 fans will receive a 2013 Team Calendar, presented by Kroger.
- Silver Slugger: 2012 NL Louisville Slugger Silver Slugger winner Jay Bruce will receive his award during pregame ceremonies.
- Ball Delivery: Miss Ohio Kristin Smith and Miss Teen Ohio Brittany Reid will deliver the official Game Ball to the mound during pregame ceremonies.
- Rusty Griswolds: 80’s cover band The Rusty Griswolds will perform from a stage at the new Budweiser Bowtie Bar located on the right field porch during inning breaks and after the game.
- Postgame Fireworks presented by TriHealth: The Rusty Griswolds will play live during the post-game fireworks show featuring Rozzi’s Famous Fireworks.