But not everyone has the URL to prove it. I got an e-mail today from Miamigirl01, proprietor of the blog iloveryanfreel.blogspot.com. Though it hasn't been updated with actual Reds content since the end of the season, I think it's worth a glance, if only for the excellent movie star sunglasses she's wearing in all the photos and the ample use of smiley-faces in the posts.
Consider these rules for Reds fans:
1. No matter how bad the pitching is, DON'T BOO YOUR OWN PLAYERS!!! By booing your pitchers as they come out and with every throw, you are only lowering their self esteem. It may make you feel better, but a true fan stands by their players. If you think the pitching stinks, yell at the people who trade for them. DUH.
2. Don't only go to games where they give free stuff away. This is a sign of a luke warm fan, and therefore you are not worthy of watching games like the one Freel won last night. Shame on you if you came for a Matchbox car and left loving Freel. You stink!
3. You must have at least one of your stations programed to 700WLW even if it is a sign that you're getting old. Seriously, I swore I'd never do it, but I have, and I'm not old, male, or even boring!
4. Invest in a #3 shirt. Griffey isn't #30 anymore and that's annoying.
5. Let loose a little bit. When the scoreboard says, “Make some NOISE!!!” Don't sit and stare. That means you should put away the cell phone and risk spilling your beer while you jump up and scream!
Gotta love the enthusiasm. It's downright Ryan Freel-esque.