Ryan Freel beat the Cardinals yesterday by a score of 3-10.
Eric Milton worked six innings, allowing two runs (one earned) on five hits and four walks for the win. David Weathers pitched a hitless, walkless inning. Bill Bray gave up a run (earned) on a couple hits in one. Eddie Guardado wasn't hit in the ninth.
The list of Reds with more than one hit on the night was long, for a change:
- Freel was the freaking awesome, 3-for-4 with three runs scored and the most phenomenal catch in right field that you'll see all damn year.
- Scott Hatteberg was 3-for-5 with an RBI and a run scored.
- Ken Griffey Jr. went 2-for-4 with a couple runs scored.
- Edwin Encarnación went 2-for-3 with a walk, an RBI, and a run scored, so of course he was involved in the double-switch
- Adam Dunn contributed 2-for-4 with a walk and three RBI.
- Rich Aurilia was 2-for-4 with three RBI and a run scored.
The win brings the Reds' record to 58-55. They continue thwacking the Cards tonight as Aaron Harang takes on Chris Carpenter.