As much fun as the proper game wrap was, I'm going to have to revert to my bullet points today to squeeze this in before I leave for the Indians/Bats game tonight:
- Aaron Harang is awesome. Ten strikeouts. Just awesome. I don't approve of giving him the hook after the seventh inning, though I can't complain about David Weathers' or Todd Coffey's relief performances.
- Felipe Lopez got a hit today to bring his hitting streak to, what, 12 games right?
- Joe Randa had a 2-run homerun to provide the Reds score for the longest time, plus another couple timely hits. Man, I've missed him. Jon calls Randa trade-bait, but I'm an eternal optimist and am hoping for Randa to be instrumental to the Reds' post-season bid.
- Adam Dunn, with the protection of Randa and Austin Kearns behind him, got a hit to knock in Sean Casey for the third run of the game. It probably won't shut up people who complain about him not hitting with runners in scoring position, but it still rocks.
- After that, the scoring started to blur together, except Ryan Freel got his second homerun of the season in the ninth inning to bring in three runs. It probably won't shut up people who complain about him not having enough RBI, but it still rocks.
On an unrelated note, apparently due to me using the phrase, “boom goes the dynamite” in a post earlier this week, I received an email with this link about t-shirts sporting that fantabulous phrase. I've asked for a link to where you can buy them, but in the mean time I guess you can search eBay if you're interested.
Awesome game today, and now I'm off to primp for the Bats game. Gotta look good in case Wily Mo spots us.