September 14, 2005
Posted at 2:37 pm
Chicago, IL -- The Chicago Cubs announced an endorcement deal with SC Johnson today to introduce a new club mascot, the Scrubby Bubble.
The Scrubby Bubble is a large soap bubble sporting a blue Cubs baseball cap. Scrubby will make several appearances at Wrigley Field periodically throughought the season to entertain fans and raise awareness about the importance of a clean bathroom.
Scrubby will have several catch phrases, such as:
- “Keep your bathroom sparkling as much as your playoff hopes!”
- “The scrubbing bubbles can clean away anything, even a curse!”
And, for the inevitable point in the season when all hope is gone:
- “You don't want to have germs in your bathroom when your team is in the toilet!”
Scrubby's first appearance is tentatively scheduled for October 4, but experts agree that no one's likely to be at Wrigley Field then.
September 14, 2005
Posted at 2:09 pm
A few thank yous to send out to you, my posse:
- Thanks to everyone for dropping by today. It's been great to meet you all. Don't be a stranger.
- Thanks to all the people who've sent people my way by linking and emailing to the posters. The world is a little less motivated thanks to your efforts.
- btezra's comments over at Reds and Blues remind me to thank the great men and women who took the photos in the previously mentioned posters and made them available online. We really appreciate your contribution. If you are the owner of one of said photos and would like your proper attribution, please drop me a line, and I'll get you a specific thank you above and beyond this blanket thank you that I am in the course of giving right now.
- Thanks to Bellyscratcher for agreeing to come over tonight and make fun of the Cubs online while we watch the game. Feel free to stop by if you'd like to poke Dempster in the eye for ceasing to suck as soon as he left the Reds.
Speaking of, I'd better get things ready around here. Smack-talking fake news on the Cubs coming up next.