If you made it out to Deadspin today, you probably saw this tidbit in which Will made “Isringhausen” into a verb:
3. Junior Mint. It is our belief that Ken Griffey Jr. will play until he's 60, owing to all the time spent on the sidelines due to injury. He's like the collectible action figure that you never take out of the box. On Monday at New Busch, Griffey Isringhausened the Cardinals, hitting a three-run homer in the ninth to give the Reds an 8-7 win. He also had a solo homer earlier in the game, tying a major league record by homering in his 43rd stadium.
Making Cardinals names into regular words is a great idea. See if you can work these words into your regular vocabulary:
1. Any of various small, monochromatic mammals having long teeth for gnawing and a nervous, twitchy nature, such as a lab rat or Guinea pig.
2. A person regarded as twitchy or annoying.
Example: My blind date was cute enough, but things went sour when I realized he was an Eckstein.
1. To lie about one's age, often used with “pulled a.”
Example: When the cute waiter asked what birthday she was celebrating, she pulled a Pujols and said she was 29.
1. Full of playful allure, esp. expressing a coquettish nature through dress, make-up, and hair.
Example: Ryan knew he could get some play from the Edmonds chick.