January 21, 2011
Hey! Remember the 2010s?
If you’re like me, you love thinking back fondly on all the great memories of the great Reds teams from 2010. And now, you can relive them thanks to Fox Sports Ohio and Reds Rewind.
FOX Sports Ohio will televise five (5) Reds games from the unforgettable 2010 season. FOX Sports Ohio debuts the return of this entertaining series Thursday, February 3rd at 7pm, with new episodes every Thursday.
Here are the five games you can look forward to seeing again, for the first time.
- February 3: June 6, 2010 – Reds at Washington Nationals. After trailing 2-1 at the top of the 9th, Scott Rolen pinch hits a 2-run HR to take the lead. The Nationals tie it up in the bottom of the 9th, but Drew Stubbs hits an RBI single in the 10th to win.
- February 10: July 4, 2010 – Reds at Chicago Cubs. FOX Sports Ohio and the Reds salute our troops during this blowout game when the Reds beat the Cubs 14-3 with 16 hits. Drew Stubbs hit 3 HR and had 5 RBI.
- February 17: July 17, 2010 – Reds vs. Colorado Rockies. Edinson Volquez returns to pitch 6 innings, striking out 9 Rockies for the 8-1 win at Great American Ballpark.
- February 24: August 31, 2010 – Reds vs. Milwaukee Brewers. This memorable game features the debut of Aroldis Chapman. The Reds defeat the Brewers 8-4 at Great American Ballpark.
- March 3: September 28, 2010 – Reds vs. Houston Astros. Jay Bruce’s walk-off HR gives the Reds a 3-2 victory over the Astros and clinches the NL Central title.
All joking about the silliness of being nostalgic about last year aside, this will be a great way to whet the appetite for baseball this season. I’m hoping for even more awesome moments than last year.